Planning & Community Development
Office of Development Services
1255 Franklin Street, Suite 103
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Phone: 540-483-3027 or e-mail us
E-Mail: Steve Sandy, Ext. 2217
Director of Planning
E-Mail: Lisa Cooper Ext. 2642
Principal Planner/Long Range Planning
E-Mail: Terry Harrington, Ext. 2430
Senior Planner/Current Planning
E-Mail: Hannah Powell, Ext. 2304
Clerk to Planning Commission
E-Mail: Ronald Wilson,Ext. 2429
Development Review Coordinator
E-Mail: Tina Franklin, Ext. 2427
Development Review Specialist I
E-Mail: Austin Taylor, Ext. 2310
Development Review Specialist II
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
"The measure of any great civilization is in its cities, and the measure of a city's greatness is to be found in the quality of its public spaces, parks and squares." John Ruskin
Responsibilities of the Development Review Team include the development, administration and enforcement of the County Zoning, Subdivision, Erosion and Sediment Control ordinances and related county codes. The Development Review Team also performs site compliance inspections for commercial and residential sites and works extensively with citizens and developers to resolve situations of non-compliance with adopted regulations.
Other Responsibilities of the Development Review Team
- Responds to public inquiries regarding land use location, existing zoning and related matters.
- Receives complaints, investigates alleged violations and enforces the zoning ordinance, sign regulations, subdivision regulations, and other county ordinances in accord with procedures prescribed by law.
- Inspects construction sites for compliance with approved site plans, subdivision plats, road construction plans and erosion and sediment control plans.
- Reviews subdivision and site plan bonds and completed work in the field and makes recommendations for drawdown of bonds to finish uncompleted work or bond reductions for completed work.
- Provides procedural information to citizens and developers and accepts applications for site plans, erosion control plans and other land development applications.
- Reviews sign permit applications, inspects sites, issues sign permits.
Should there be any questions or concerns regarding any of the regulations or permits listed above, citizens should contact Ronald Wilson, Development Review Coordinator.
Phone: 540-483-3027, Ext. 2429 or E-Mail: Ronald Wilson
- Main Page
- 220 Corridor
Board of Zoning Appeals
- Comprehensive Plan
- Current Planning
- Development Review
- Fee Schedule
- Forms for Planning
- Land Development Ordinance
- Long Range Planning
- Planning Monthly
- Pump Out Septic Program
- Zoning Ordinance